Setting the Place Holder
Opening credits roll, background music starts playing:
..........They call me The Seeker I've been searching low and high I won't get to get what I'm after Till the day I die, I asked Bobby Dylan, I asked The Beatles, I asked Timothy Leary But he couldn't help me either.............
Across the screen flashes a warning:
Due to adult situations, and language, parental guidance is strongly encouraged.
Your television screen goes black and in the middle of the darkness a spotlight slowly fades in focused on a dark shadowed figure. You can barely make out his features as you focus in on the lit end of a cigarette hanging out of what should be his mouth. Smoke drifts up into the dark as the lights slowly spark to life.
You are now able to make out who this person is..."Yes, It is The Seeker!"... you inhale deeply as you catch his choice of attire for today. He is dressed in his usual black ensemble and has the look of the hunter who has finally caught up with his prey. He stands before the audience on his totally black stage, the void of anything else in near proximity makes him seem enormous as the weight of his gaze takes each of you in.
Start Applause
Taking a drag off the loosely lipped cigarette he smiles and walks towards his right. He crosses the threshold onto another set. Here you see grandeur in totality. The major focal point of this room is an ornate throne. It's gilded golden surface gleams under the bright lights of the production crew. It is set approximately 2 feet higher off the stage than the two luxorious chairs in which his guests shall be seated. The rest of the set is a collage of furniture from antiquity. You see Greco-Roman, Louis XV, and Renaissance art placed with the sole intent of giving visitors a false pretense of relaxation and security.
The Seeker's pinache for clothing runs the gambit. One day he will be wearing skate rags, another he may be wearing a total 1930's gangster ensemble. Today he is dressed in a long leather trench coat, biker boots, a pair of faded jeans and an Orange County Chopper's work-shirt. Upon reaching his throne room he takes off the over coat and hands it to a lackey who magically appears out of no where and bows to his liege as he departs.
Walking to the edge of the set he holds up his hands and smiles impatiently asking for silence.
End Opening Music
End Applause
The interesting thing about this show is that there are never any lead ins. The commercials are usually filled with voice-overs announcing The Seeker and shows a few images of him in the opening stage setting with his various wardrobe attire flashing quickly across the screen. They may have an image or two (if your lucky) of the Throne Room, but there are never any blurbs or enticements for you to check out what is going to be there for your viewing pleasure. He rarely gives interviews, and when he does they are short and to the point. He may answer questions asked of him by the journalist, or if he doesn't care for the person taking up his valuable time he may rant on about some topic that he feels strongly about. He likes the mystique it presents, and goes forward each day with the notion that his viewers will keep coming as long as he keeps them entertained, and if he can impart some sort of wisdom along the way that may help their lives in some fashion. If they ever lose interest...well then he is through and will move on to the next project, but will never ever give up his integrity or beliefs just to fit in with what the networks want from him.
As the roar is dying off the manservant appears yet again this time bearing a silver platter and on it is a single golden chalice. It is extremely ornate and is ever present during the course of every show (It has been said that Seeker likes an odd mixture of drink, i.e. Vodka and Coke, this has never been confrimed but knowing him it is probably true.) He grabs the drink and thasnks his servant as he turns back to address the audience..Cocky grin at the ready and a gaze the devil himself would not want to meet......

23 Comments:
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Well, it would HAVE to be more entertaining and intelligent than most shows out there!
Tsarina.... that really didn't answer the question now did it?
Bring it on man! You are the blog of the day at Jay's Place!!!
Where are you today???
Ok, yes, I found it the least bit interesting!!! Are you planning on pitching it to a network, because I don't have cable, so if you want me to watch it, it's gotta be on Fox!
POST MORE!! I love it.
Seeker, I was only teasing- sheesh, you can be so sensitive! OF COURSE I want more; every one wants more of the Seeker, right? Btw, were you saying that everyone sucks but me? That brings me great pleasure!!!
Please give us more!! Anything to get more of you!!
Seeker, Yoo hoo, Seeker? Where are you today? Don't you know we all miss you when you're gone? Hope you're doing something really great!
If all goes well tomorrow i'll be out and about; today was Hell.
Sorry to hear that; give yourself a hug and eat a pint of ice cream- works every time!
I missed you too.... nice to see you back in the land of Blog.
Shit, it took me almost 2 hours the other day to add a picture and a link to a post. I can't do anything more complicated than that (hence the reason I don't have any other blog links...).
Why didnt you just ask dudette, I'd help you with that Nord = North. I like to fiddle around. Hence the creative additions to me blog and also the fact that I have fucked this thing up beyond all recognition several times. It has to be an easy fix considering its this one god damn post doing it.
Tsarina man the only hugs that are really good are the ones where nudity is involved and lots of moaning :P
What channel is this on? I'm very interested.
Well good luck (fixing it)... and I just may take you up on the help offer. By the way the name Nord, is a shortened version of Nordic so you are right with the north thing, oh and it's a very old nickname (well by old I mean I have had it a long time). The full version being Nordic Princess, but that goes back a long way - it has something to do with my colouring (blonde hair, blue eyes) and certain other character traits that I will keep to myself for the moment.
Trashman - You will need to check your local listing for time and channel. Thanks for stopping by ;)
Nordic Princess - Thanks for the FYI always good to learn new things about the people around me. Yeah just email me with any questions you may have and I'll explain what to do.
ANY question and you'll explain what to do? lol
Boy do you leave yourself open for trouble, but I will refrain this once from making fun, and graciously thank you, once again for the kind offer, which I will take you up on.
How long have you had the war counter there? I love you even more!
Darlin', I love watching you mess up your blog an fix it. lol.
Tsarina ~ Awwwww such sweet sentiment. I have to tell you that you can only love me in a non-hermaphrodite kind of way though m-kay? I just added the counter moments before you commented actually.
Cali ~ I have banished you from the land of anonymity!
Post a Comment
<< Home