Thursday, September 16, 2004

Man on Fire

Today's movie review will be about Man on Fire.

Starring cast:

Denzel Washington.... Creasy (side note: Robert Deniro was considered for this part prior to Denzel)
Dakota Fanning.... Pita
Marc Anthony.... Samuel
Radha Mitchell.... Lisa
Christopher Walken... Rayburn

If you have seen one Denzel movie you pretty much have seen his character in every other film. He uses the same fire and intensity with all of his peronsae and in the end you are left with Denzel. He is a good actor and I enjoy watching him, but his lack of change keeps him to the same roles.

Dakota Fanning was the little girl in I am Sam and The Grinch. Cute little girl plays her part very well. My only issue is her teeth! My God! She scares the shit out of me when she grins. Looks as if she lost all her front teeth at once so shes got little nubs sticking out of her gums. She should grow out of it and be a hottie if she doesnt end up like that chick off of Diff'rent Strokes. All drug infested and lezbo..

The only thing I have to say, ok there are actually two, is that she has that white bleach blonde hair and some thick assed black bushy eyebrows, dye or bleach it all darlin'! Also if she is in a big movie like this for God's sakes get that mole removed off of your nose every time I looked at your hot little body my eyes could not help but gravitate towards it. Ruins the whole effect I tells ya! 150.00 = 1 Removed nasty mole.

Christopher Walken always rules..... you put a drink in one hand and a cuban in the other.... You have fucking Oscar nominee all over his happy drunk ass.

Synopsis:

The basis of the movie is Mexico City and all the kidnappings that are going on. The rich have insurance and bodyguards so that they can be protected and everyone is always looking over their shoulder. The movie, while very good, was the same old play on revenge, money, and betrayal..(Yawn). I figured out the crux of the entire movie in the very first scene. Yes, they tried to throw in a few twists and turns but it stayed dead on to what I was originally thinking.

You see the rich dad worried for the safety of his daughter. Enters drunk ex-badass that cannot get a job to save his life (later you learn he is a washed out assassin for the US government) he is suicidal and by the grace of God is spared. He turns his life around, befriends the little girl he has been payed a pittance to protect, and next thing you know when he is to the point where he is as happy as a porn addict rubbing one off...Wham-O they shoot him, take her and make it look like she is dead. Of course he recoups, kicks ass and then dies saving her because she is really still alive.

Fucking hell people! If I ever see a movie that isn't so predictable I won't be spilling the beans.

Pluses ~ Christopher Walken
Some pretty cool torture scenes
Christopher Walken
Good acting

Negatives ~ Hot babe with bad Dye job
Hot babe with huge ass mole on her nose
Main character has gums instead of teeth (Scary!)
They used a bunch of effects where the damn screen would go totally black then the whole
scene would wiggle around like we were watching Fear and Loathing or The Doors!
(Save that trippy shit for a movie like that)


3 out of 5 stars

Lastly, this movie isn't based on a real story like they want you to believe. It is written by some author that uses a pseudo from Latin America. There is rumor he has really done these types of things so writes fictional stories about them. ... Yeah, you get a big Fuckin' Whatever! Schmuck!





Dude! Where's my Acid?

4 Comments:

At 16 September, 2004 09:59, Blogger T - Another Geek Girl said...

You should see Denzel doing Shakespeare.
Whooo, I always turn down the TV, who needs to HEAR what he's saying.

Hit me with your meat hammer... please!

Christopher Walken is God in disguise... he is always testing us.

 
At 16 September, 2004 18:22, Blogger Kate the Peon said...

Jay, you beat me to it. Seeker, you've got some 'splainin to do!

 
At 16 September, 2004 18:51, Blogger Seeker said...

no no no i was talking about mole woman.

 
At 16 September, 2004 18:56, Blogger Seeker said...

Oh I also forgot to bitch about the factthat the mom of the little girl had bleach blonde hair, and then they have a little girl with blonde hair? I mean WTF is going on there! I in all my days have never seen to black haired peeps have a blonde headed child.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home