Pay Attention Next Time!
Yesterday I was in my car on my way home from work thinking about nothing in particular when I see a big white ford cargo type van pull upon the red light pretty fast and stop.
No biggy routine stuff.
Now this is where it gets hairy... You see I have been in a few car wrecks in my life. One of them was so bad that I almost died. If my friend had not turned me over so the blood could spill from my mouth so that I could breath I would have been a goner. In all of my life I have never actually seen a wreck I have been in them, I have accidentally caused them, but never have I been witness to one up close.
I got one hell of an experience yesterday though! Like I said, so I am sitting at the light and I am behind a truck that has pulled out a little too far into traffic as peeps are apt to do and this leftthe front of my car aligned with the back rear tire of the van (It really is kind of interesting that I remember all these little details, and at the time I was paying that much attention to what was around me) So I don't know why but for some reason I glance to my right just waiting on that god damned red light to turn so I can get home when out of no where I see this dark object race past the passenger side of my car and in that instant I somehow focused upon the driver and remember thinking to myself, 'Whoa the light has turned green'. So I start to take my foot off the brake and I am still transfixed on this girl's stare; when all of a sudden the loudest sound I ever heard filled the air and the car she was in lifted up off the back two wheels and came down hard then she started rolling backwards.
Glancing to see what she had hit I see that it was the van, and it had been pushed out in the intersection. I do not really understand all of this or how the body works sometimes; to my amazement it was like the world was slow enough through all of this that if I had seen an insect flying I could have grasped it midair.
Once the fog in my mind lifted I asked the girl if she was alright, yet she seemed suspended with a look of disbelief upon her. I then realized she was in shock and she couldn't hear me. At this point I am thinkingto myself 'Damn I have to get involved in this shit and I just want to go home'. I jump out of my car and start walking towards the van and the passenger side door opens and a scruffy looking guy that was so thin a strong wind could have blown him away steps out and with a bewildered look upon his face says, 'What happened?' I explained he had just been in a wreck and asked if he was alright and he said he was fine just a little stunned. I then asked the girl who had gotten out of her car as soon as I did if she was hurt and she said she was ok, but I could see she was shaken up. During this short conversation that was happening on one of the busiest intersections in my town the drive of the van got out and was grabbing his neck, and I asked, 'Man you too ka hard hit are you alright?' and of course with him grabbing his neck he replies making sure he moans during the whole thing ' My back, my neck ouch...*mumbles in coherently*'.
Man I am no wanting to get involved in this little wreck noi way no how so I try to wrap it up and say 'do you guys need me to stick around or call the medics for you?' the old, fat, hurt, bastard waves me on and says he is fine and then drilling the girl about her insurance coverage.....Yeah he is gonna try to make a buck off her that's the way of the world.
So I guess to sum it all up this girl learned a new lesson...Pay attention to the road not some souped up car! I think it will be definitely cheaper for you in the long run =)

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home