Thursday, July 01, 2004

Suffer The Children

Today while perusing my normal Yahoo news I came across an interesting story. One young lad that has cancer made a wish that a video game created so that children who were in the hospital would have a video game to play that was totally for them. It would allow them to de-stress and help them in their fight for life, or in the least take their mind off of it.

My reading of this took me to the make a wish foundation, and there were also some other children's stories and how their dreams were realized. While I am not usually the sappy sort of guy to be posting shit like this. I am requesting that anyone that read this to please visit this site and read some of the stories and to spend a few minutes of your busy days just to send them your best wishes and as well as to those who have similar problems as they.

Wishes Can Come True

5 Comments:

At 01 July, 2004 08:01, Blogger T - Another Geek Girl said...

My Troy works at Children's Healthcare of Atlanta.

It takes a lot of heart to work with really sick kids and not come home every night and hang yourself!

 
At 01 July, 2004 08:11, Blogger Seeker said...

Dude.... that was a bit graphic. Perhaps He has the heart it takes but I was trying to get peeps to just give a few moments of their time to reach out in their spirit/heart to these poor kids.

LOL No hanging allowed here! I dont do corpses.. that is more along the lines of Vadergrrrl's forte ;)

 
At 01 July, 2004 08:27, Blogger T - Another Geek Girl said...

I'm totally into graphics... oh you meant GRAPHIC...
well... hmmmm

I thought everbody did that after work.
I had to hang myself three times, just to get through the day.

 
At 01 July, 2004 11:33, Blogger jp said...

We represent a child here that is terminally ill with cancer. A sad, sad thing. Whenever my kids are screwing up, I remember how lucky I am and say "but for the grace of God." Peace.

 
At 01 July, 2004 18:52, Blogger Traci Dolan said...

That made me cry.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home